Blogger Recognition Award
A big shout out to Vickie’s Book Nook and Meditation Corner for the nomination, If you haven’t been to her blog then you must treat yourself to a visit.
How and When My Blog Started
My blog Parallax started in June 2013. The word Parallax is a reminder that a view of anything is never singular, five people viewing a building, even just the front of a building will have five different angles and therefore five different views. My blog carries some of my concerns that I hold close – the environment, meditation, love, music, political commentary, my humble photography attempts, and my daily life. This year I ventured into poetry in a big way for the first time on line, and I have really been enjoying that more than I thought I would. Many who have become followers of Parallax have been very thoughtful and supportive of my poetry and I’m very grateful for the support and encouragement. I just wanted to write, and so here I am. 🙂
For new Bloggers:
1. Write what’s on your heart, if it has integrity it speaks to others.
2. Set realistic goals, that way there is less chance of discouragement. And when you are discouraged, write your way out of it, don’t give up.
Lillian The Home Poet
Poetry from the Inkwell
Plants and Beyond
Poetry By Archangel White Wolf
Being in Nature
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your Award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select 15 or more bloggers for this award.
- Let each nominee know that you have nominated them and leave a link to your post.
Again, thanks Vicklea
Filed under Award, Blogging
I was nominated for this award by Peter at LIFEBLOG Thank you Peter for the Nomination This award was created by Maggie
This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
- Do you think blogging is easy? Yes, for me it is, I have used free-writing, journaling, I write for a number of groups and communities at a general level, so it comes easily at one level.
- Do you support monetizing one’s blog? Yes, if that’s what you want to do. I don’t, but I know many who rely on their writing as an income so that’s important for them.
- How do you get inspiration for your posts? I use word prompts, but I also use my notes from reading, conversations, the news, topical trends, sometimes it’s what comes into my head. I use a mental form of free-writing to sketch out a post. There’s always something to say.
- Which day of the week does your blog receive the highest traffic? Accoring to WP it’s Friday.
- Which category garners likes and comments most on your blog? Looking back it seems to be a variety, nothing I can nail down, but I note that posts attract different bloggers.
- What is one thing you are thinking of to grow your blog? Just to increase the output and to vary the material.
- What is your opinion of leaving one’s blog for like one month before posting again? I wouldn’t willingly do that – I enjoy the writing, but if I had to, well then I would.
- If you’re ‘unfollowed’ how would you react? I often feel a sadness that community isn’t always possible, but in reality it is quite normal and necessary for some to leave, I respect other people’s boundaries in that way.
- What is your idea on full time blogging? I think that is a wonderful way to go.
- Three advantages of blogging please. It encourages a creative community, I meet people online, and blogging tends to be a reciprocal process of sharing thoughts and ideas which I really like.
My nominations are:
My Questions for my Nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- What is one thing you haven’t dared to try in writing so far?
- Do you have a favourite writer who inspires you? Who is it?
- What is your go-to for writing (a word prompt, photo challenge, other)?
- Do you write elsewhere other than your blog? Where?
- What least inspires you in blogging?
- What would you like to achieve with your blog in the next six/twelve months?
- What is your favourite post of all time that you have written?
- How has blogging changed you?
Filed under Award, Blogging